Today’s we are going to discuss the most trending topic of India. From July 1, 2017, GST was implemented in India, which you can understand with the purpose of a slogan – “A tax a country” means the same tax in the entire country of India.
After the implementation of the GST, one of the biggest problems facing all businessmen is that they do not know how to register online for GST, today we will discuss all your questions in this post.
Why is it necessary for GST to register for business?
GST i.e goods and services tax is a system under which a uniform tax is applied on the sale and sale of the entire country. Due to its enforcement, you will not have to pay various types of indirect taxes. For those traders and taxpayers who have a proper turnover of 20 lakh or more in a financial year online, it is compulsory to register online under GST.
In North Eastern India, this limit is 10 lakhs in J & K, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh, Tripura, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand. Online registration is also essential for achieving various benefits and privileges under GST.
How To Do GST Online Registration?
The online service in the GST system is connected to GST network. The process of online registration is very simple and convenient. Let us know step by step how can you register online-
1. To register online, you must visit the Government of India website www.gst.gov.in. You will then have to click on the register tab and give your basic information.
2. In this form A, you have to enter your name, state name, legal name of your business, postcode, PAN, email id, mobile number.
3. Clicking on the submit button will send a OTP One Time Password (OTP) to your registered mobile number. Using that password, a new form will appear in front of you.
4. In Form B you also have to give various detailed information related to your business such as full name of the business, date of commencement of it, annual turnover etc. Also, you will need to upload the required documents in the prescribed place. Keep in mind that you should first scan the documents and make sure that its web size is easily uploaded.
5. After filling both forms and uploading the necessary documents, your application will be checked. This can take 3 to 4 days. After the investigation, some more documents will be asked for approval for uploading you will have to upload.
6. After approval, you will get a GST registration certificate and in this way you will be successfully registered.
You can also check: What is GST (Goods And Services Tax) in India?
What is the required documentation and registration fees for GST?
The documents that will be required during the GST online registration include the bank statements, ROC copy of the company, registration certificate of the MOA or AOA, PAN card and if there is a partnership, then Partnership Deed Paper.
For documents related to the address- If the property is your name then bill for electricity bill or landline, as well as water bill will be given. If the property is for rent, then a copy of the NOC or Rent Agreement will be made. Additionally, you will have to upload a passport size photo.
The GST registration fee is only Rs. 1599 / – Keep in mind that registration and fees will be paid online only. Therefore, be careful while paying fees.
Friends, if you have any questions related to GST or you are facing any difficulty in registering online, then you can ask in the below comment box.
You can also check: How to register for Modicare Online Business